Foundation Oren Galloway BNSF Scholarship
Deadlines: March of Each Year for High School Seniors or November of Each Year for Continuing Education Students The Sowers Club of Nebraska Foundation may award a limited number of scholarships annually to deserving High School Senior and/or Continuing Education Students during their HS Senior, Freshman, Sophomore and/or Junior College Years. This award can only be won once. Individuals must meet the following qualifications to be considered.
- Must have a parent that is currently employed by or else retired from Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railroad.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and a Resident of Nebraska.
- Must be planning to attend or continue attending an institution of higher learning in Nebraska on a full-time basis.
- Any major of study.
- Must have at least a 2.5 High School or College GPA.
- Must submit a fully completed and typed application form, including:
- Requested personal information
- College and/or High School Grade Transcripts
- Listing of Extracurricular Activities, Awards & Recognition
- Listing of Community Activities, Awards & Recognition
- Employment History of Summer and/or Part-time Jobs
- Statement of Financial Need and Listing of Other Scholarship Applications/Awards
- Essay of Post-Education Career Plan
- 3 or More Letters of Recommendation
- Be Willing to Attend Our Disbursement Function and Dinner in December to Be Recognized by the Foundation
- Submit an Acrobat PDF file of the completed application form and attachments by email by the deadline
Oren Galloway BNSF Scholarship Application
Please direct any and all questions to The Sowers Club Foundation email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 402-438-2244